Brian Kurth: 2017 POY Finalist
Assistant Professor, Mathematics
- David Sarther Teamwork Award nominee: 2014.
- Completed Safe Zone Ally training.
- Donated an office hour a week to the tutoring center: Fall 2012-Fall 2016.
- Math faculty advisor for Engineering Pathways Committee spring 2016.
- Math faculty representative at the Engineering Pathways Orientation 2016.
- Completed dual credit assessment 2015, 2016.
- Taught Calculus III and Linear Algebra as dual credit classes.
- Taught Calculus I, II, and III as Honors.
- Required honors students to volunteer tutor in tutoring center.
- Judged at four Annual Integration Bees: 2013-2016.
- Planning the 15th annual integration bee and tentative emcee.
- Scheduled math speaker for 2017 Math Circle at Waubonsee CC.
- Working with Dr. Troy Swanson to market, plan and introduce speakers at library STEM talks: Fall 2016, Fall 2017.
- Participated in a panel discussion on the mathematics of a potential zombie outbreak: Fall 2013.
- Attended IMACC conferences 2013-2015.
- Participated in shared office hours.
- Faculty Search Committee member (current).
- Math club faculty advisor: Fall 2016.
- Given 2 math club talks: March 2015 and September 2016.
- Led Learning College Days sessions on the Rubik’s Cube (Spring 2015).
- Recommended several students who were hired at the tutoring center.
- Nominated a student who won an MVFA scholarship.
- Accompanied Honors program visit to UIUC.