Dr. Lara Hernandez Corkrey
Assistant Professor and Coordinator, Developmental Communications
- Earned Title III grant for mobile learning lab and piloted another Title III grant for in-class digital recording technology.
- Built a grammar and punctuation web app for developmental communication students, accessible through Blackboard and compatible with our grading rubric and curriculum.
- Developed and currently teaching a special cohort class in conjunction with the Center for Disability Services and developmental reading and math faculty, designed to increase success rates for CDS-enrolled students.
- Currently serving on the following committees: AQIP System Portfolio – Category 1, Completion Commitment, Strategic Priority Indicators, Student Technology Competency, and the Argo High School developmental communications and reading initiative.
- Previously served on the Strategic Planning initiative, AQIP Developmental Education Delivery Modes committee, General Education Outcomes committee, and Developmental Education Attendance initiative.
- Participated in the pilot program of the General Education Outcomes Assessment Tool.
- Member of both search committees and non-tenured faculty evaluation teams.
- Presenter for Learning College Day, Staff Development Day, and College In-Service Day.
- Featured in MVCC video on teaching innovations.
- Served as an ESL instructor for a non-profit organization.
- Current director of the Foundation Board of my local library, working on programs to bring free technology access to an under-served immigrant population.
- Nominated two years in a row for the Innovation of the Year award.
- Recent recipient of the Reprographics award.