If you’d like to reuse all Canvas course materials from another course:
- Navigate to your new, empty course (the destination)
- On the course navigation menu, click on Settings.
- On the right side of the Settings page, click on Import Course Content.
- In the drop-down for Content Type, select Copy a Canvas Course.
- In the new drop-down, select the source of the content you would like to copy.
- Select the dot for All Content.
- If you would like, check the box for Adjust Events and Due Dates to shift dates for your new course.
- Click Import.
For additional information, including more detailed step-by-step instructions, instructions on how to copy part of a course, and how the date shift works, please see the Canvas Guide, “How do I copy content from another Canvas course?”.
As always, when reusing course materials, please remember to review the following items, as appropriate:
- Update course syllabus
- Update assignment availability dates, due dates, status (published or unpublished)
- Review module/content status (published or unpublished)
- Review course settings:
- Course dates
- Course options
- Navigation menu
- Create new announcements (Notifications are sent when a new announcement is created in a published course that is within the course start and end dates)
- Don’t forget to publish your class!