The Center for Teaching & Learning will presenting its first Instructional Technology Unconference on Thursday, October 17th, from 3:00p to 5:00p, in A141. The event is open to all Moraine Valley faculty and staff.
What is an Unconference?
Unlike a traditional conference, an unconference is designed to have short, quick paced sessions that get right to the point. In our case, the Instructional Technology Unconference will have two 45-minute sessions. Each presenter is asked to demonstrate their content three times over one of the sessions, with each demonstration lasting only 12 minutes. Attendees are able to cycle around to three different presentations over the 45 minute period. The presentations will be spread out across 6 rooms on the first floor of the A building.
What will be at this Unconference?
The Unconference will have 12 different presentations spread across two 45-minute sessions. The presentations are:
- Teaching Students Tech Discipline and Productivity
- Engaging with Social Media
- Discussion Boards
- Creative Commons & OER
- Honorlock Test Proctoring
- College Directory Update
- Minimal Video Knowledge, Maximum Results
- Spice Up Canvas – Make Your Course More Visually Appealing
- Plagiarism Detection
- Data Dashboards with Tableau
- Interactive Nursing Project
- Adobe Spark
What’s the schedule for the event? Can I come late?
The schedule for the event is below. Yes, it’s ok to come late!
- 3:00p – 3:10p – Unconference Welcome & Kickoff in A141
- 3:10p – 3:55p – Session Block 1 – 12 minutes per presentation, 3 minute gap between each
- 3:55p – 4:05p – Refreshment Break in/near A141
- 4:05p – 4:50p – Session Block 2 – 12 minutes per presentation, 3 minute gap between each
- 4:50p – 5:00p – Wrap-up & Debrief in A141
Is the event PGU eligible?
Yes! The Unconference is eligible for PGUs!
I’d Like to Attend! How Do I Register?
If you’d like to attend the Unconference, please fill out our attendee interest form below!
**Please note, we are limiting the Unconference to Moraine Valley Faculty & Staff at this time.
I Have Questions? Who Can I Contact?