Illinois Community Colleges Online presents its free 2020 Growing Online Learning conference, focused on Humanizing the Online Environment: Instructor Presence and Enhancing Student Engagement. The free online conference takes place February 11 to February 13, 2020.
The conference’s keynote on February 11 at 10:00a, Humanizing Online Learning, is presented by Dr. Michelle Pacansky-Brock, Faculty Mentor for the California Community Colleges at the California Virtual Campus – Online Education Initiative.
Other conference sessions are:
- February 11 at 2:00p: Making Instructional Videos Really Work for Instructors & Students by Jenny Pecora & Trisha Dandurand of Kankakee Community College
- February 12 at 10:00a: Leveraging your institution LMS to increase Faculty Presence in Online Courses by Selom Assignon of Harold Washington College
- February 12 at 2:00p: You’ve got to Connect! by Kona Jones of Richland Community College
- February 13 at 10:00a: Increasing Faculty Presence in an Online Speech Course by Carolyn Stevenson of Harold Washington College
- February 13 at 2:00p: The Online Facilitation Instrument – A Helping Hand for the New-to-Online Faculty Member by Jenny Henrikson of Harper College
Registration and other information can be found at the Growing Online Learning website.
Sessions will also be linked via the CTL’s Webinars page in MVConnect as they become available. The L244 Conference Room is hosting the webinars as they become available.