CTL Certificate Program – Certificate for Office Productivity
The Center for Teaching and Learning is excited to announce a new certificate program focused on office productivity. This certificate is intended to reflect your understanding and capabilities for office-related tools and functions.
How Do I Earn the Certificate for Office Productivity?
You will need to complete several tasks to earn the certificate:
- To sign up to work toward completing the certificate, please contact the Center for Teaching & Learning at (708) 974-5347, email us at email@example.com, or use our contact form.
- Complete a pre-test related to office productivity.
- Complete three professional development activities related to office productivity (listed below). These can be face-to-face, online, or self-guided CTL trainings and workshops. **Note: Activities must relate to different tool to be applicable.
- Submit two artifacts – Submit 2 items that have been modified based upon the professional development learning, along with a sentence about what was modified. Both items will be submitted via Canvas.
- Write a short reflection of three to five sentences explaining how what you have learned will make you more efficient, citing a specific example. Your self-reflection will be submitted via Canvas.
- Complete a post-test related to office productivity.
- After completing all other activities, complete an office productivity self-assessment via Canvas.
Professional Development Offerings Related to Office Productivity
Self-Guided Accessibility Tutorials for Word and PowerPoint
Located on the CTL’s website: Self-Guided Tutorials, under Accessibility.
Registering for Sessions and Up-to-Date Offering Information
For the most up-to-date offerings and full descriptions, visit our event calendar.
To register, go to MVConnect under “Search, register, and pay for Non-Credit classes.”
Guided instructions on how to register can be viewed by visiting the Training Opportunities & Proposals page.
What Do I Receive When I Complete the Certificate Requirements?
After completing all tasks, you will receive a physical certificate. Additionally, eligible Full-time Faculty will receive PGUs for their three professional development activities.
How long do I have to complete the certificate?
The certificate must be completed within a calendar year. For example, a certificate started on January 1, 2020, must be completed by December 31, 2020. A certificate started on September 1, 2020, must also be completed by December 31, 2020.
How long is the certificate valid?
Unfortunately, as technology and regulations change, the certificate is valid for one year from issuance.