On Monday, December 14th, a New Rich Content Editor will be enabled system-wide in Canvas.
The New Rich Content Editor enhances the content creation experience in Canvas. Updates include:
- The Rich Content Editor expands to the full width of the browser. Additionally, the window can be resized using the Move handle below the window, and the window can be expanded to full screen.
- The toolbar includes a condensed, more intuitive look, and now includes toolbar menus grouped by common icons and interactions.
- The content sidebar only displays when linking to other parts of Canvas, accessing Canvas files, or accessing uploaded media.
- Image and media additions include drag and drop.
- The Rich Content Editor menu bar is fixed at the top of the browser window when browsing long pages.
- The Keyboard shortcut, Accessibility Checker, and HTML Editor icons have moved to the bottom of the editor next to the word count.
Note, the New Rich Content Editor will continue to receive additional feature updates.