If you’d like to reuse Canvas course materials from another course, in whole or in part, please see the Canvas Guide, “How do I copy content from another Canvas course?” for additional details and step-by-step instructions.
Please note the following:
- Announcements that are imported do not send out notifications. Notifications are sent when a new announcement is created in a published course that is within the course start and end dates). You may want to recreate your announcements once the course is published.
- Discussion replies do not copy. If you have created any replies to your own discussions (like the Getting to Know Your discussion) you will want to respond to the forums.
- When you import a course you get a “Imported Assignments” group on the Assignments page. You can delete this group using the three vertical dot menu for the group.
- Don’t forget to publish your class! As long as your course is published, your students will be able to access it during the course dates.
When reusing course materials, please remember to review the following items, as appropriate:
- Update course syllabus
- Update assignment availability dates, due dates, status (published or unpublished)
- Review module/content status (published or unpublished)
- Review course settings:
- Course dates
- Course options
- Navigation menu
- Run the “Validate Links in Content” tool to verify hyperlinks.
- Run the UDOIT Accessibility Checker and correct any errors.