The Moraine Valley Learning Academy (MVLA) offers courses taught by, and for, Moraine Valley faculty.
The MVLA Mission Statement
In the spirit of teaching and learning, the Moraine Valley Learning Academy strives for an exchange of ideas that reflects applied knowledge, methods and technology within an interactive and collegial setting.
Why Take These Courses?
- To experiment with new teaching techniques.
- Participate in engaging discussions with your colleagues in an active learning environment.
- Earn PGUs for each course successfully completed.
What is an MVLA class?
- Multi-session course about current and important aspects of teaching
- Practical outcomes
- Taught by Moraine Valley faculty and other experts
- Modeling the innovative teaching that is being taught
Workshop Topics Offered:
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Integrating Technology
- Motivating Students.
- Classroom Management
To find out more about MVLA courses and register for thesm, log into MVConnect. Please use the Professional Development Training Guide or the Training Opportunities & Proposals page to assist you with registering for MVLA workshops.
For more information, please contact Jim McIntyre (708) 608-4059