The Moraine Valley Learning Academy (MVLA) offers courses taught by, and for, Moraine Valley faculty.
The MVLA Mission Statement
In the spirit of teaching and learning, the Moraine Valley Learning Academy strives for an exchange of ideas that reflects applied knowledge, methods and technology within an interactive and collegial setting.
Why Take These Courses?
- To experiment with new teaching techniques.
- Participate in engaging discussions with your colleagues in an active learning environment.
- Earn PGUs for each course successfully completed.
- Multi-session course about current and important aspects of teaching
- Practical outcomes
- Taught by Moraine Valley faculty and other experts
- Modeling the innovative teaching that is being taught
Workshop Topics Offered:
- Active Learning
- Critical Thinking
- Integrating Technology
- Motivating Students.
- Classroom Management
Who are Our Students Anyway?
This is an MVLA class geared toward student retention through getting to know more about who our students are and what challenges they face. Participants also will learn about various Moraine Valley services to better guide students. The goal is to help in retention through having a better understanding of who are students are, what backgrounds they are coming from, and by doing so, be in a better position to keep them in class. (Strategic Priority: Student Success, Program Development, Resource Advancement, Technology)
|CTLF-M215-546||February 27 – March 28||Online Hybrid with Mtgs:
To register and for more information about these courses, log into MVConnect. Please use the Professional Development Training Guide or the Training Registration page to assist you with registering for MVLA workshops.
For more information, please contact Jim McIntyre (708) 608-4059 and Layla Khatib at (708) 608-4234.