Overview of the Committee
The primary charge of this committee is to review full-time faculty requests related to professional development initiatives and screen nominees for faculty awards. The committee meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month (fall and spring), between 3:30 p.m. and 5 p.m.
Spring Meeting Dates:
- February 3
- February 17
- March 3
- March 17
- April 7
- April 21
- May 5: Recognition Reception
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Review full-time faculty funding requests to attend off-campus professional development conferences, seminars, workshops, etc. for approval.
- Review full-time faculty requests to receive Professional Growth Unit (PGU) credits for professional development, learning, and/or related activities for approval.
- Review full-time faculty requests for sabbatical leaves, retraining leaves, non-credit course reimbursement, and credit course reimbursement for approval.
- Review full-time faculty requests to receive a mini-grant in support of an appropriate project for approval.
- Select the Master Teacher of the Year, finalists for the Professor of the Year award, and/or individual faculty members for special recognition.
- Assist the Center for Teaching and Learning (CTL) by providing counsel, lending aid at Faculty Development Days, helping in planning on-campus faculty development/learning activities, and the like.
The Committee membership is comprised of up to:
- 2 faculty members from Career Programs
- Debbie Guerrero & Barbara Martin
- 3 faculty members from Science, Business and Computer Technologies
- Laurene Kirby, Maria Vlamakis, & Mary Beth Walsh
- 3 faculty members from Liberal Arts
- Mitch Baker & Jeffrey Christ
- 1 faculty member from Counselors and Advisers
- Linda Brandt
- 1 faculty member from Librarians and Technicians
- Joe Mullarkey
- 1 faculty member from Enrichment Programs
- David Gillham
- 1 administrative representative
- Gabe Estill