The following resources are available on this page:
The Canvas Training Services Portal, available via Canvas Help menu, allows instructors to access self-paced training resources on a variety of topics. To access the training:
- Login to Canvas at https://canvas.morainevalley.edu.
- Click the Help icon on the Global Navigation menu.
- Click the Training Services Portal link.
Note: If prompted to authorize access to your account, click the Authorize button. Additionally, a training portal tutorial may launch to acclimate you to the training site.
We strongly encourage first time users to self-enroll and review the resources available in the “Higher Education: First Day Ready” Learning Pathway, which can be accessed in the Learning Library. This training is comprised of following four mini courses:
- Opening Canvas
- Creating a Canvas Course
Note: “Official” Canvas course shells will be automatically generated for each course section a few weeks before the semester begins. As an instructor, Canvas will also allow you to create a new course by clicking the “Start a New Course” button, available on the Dashboard. You may want to create a course for practice and training purposes or to create a course “Master” course template. Content can be copied from these sites to your other course sites in Canvas.
- Getting Started with Assignments and Assessments
- Grading and Feedback
They also provide a learning pathway titled, “Canvas Teacher App Overview“, that may be helpful for faculty wanting to access Canvas from an Android or iOS device.
Canvas has hosted a variety of live webinars. Please view the full list of Canvas Live Webinar Recordings.
We suggest the following titles:
- Using Canvas to Connect with Students
- Virtual Best Practices with Canvas Pros
- Best Practices for Canvas Course Design
- Quick Start Guide for Canvas LMS
- Level Up Engagement with Canvas Discussions
- Powering Up Online Discussions with Canvas LMS