Adjunct Faculty Resources - Frequently Asked Questions

What do I if I can’t make it to class?

If you can’t make it to class, contact your subdivision office as soon as possible. Your subdivision office will inform you how to proceed. They may use a notification system (RAVE) that would text students to notify them of the cancellation. You may also want to email your students because students may have opted out of the notification system.

How do I request a computer lab?

To request the use of a computer lab, use the following contact information:

Do I need a parking permit?

Parking spaces are available without cost or permit on a first-come basis. A properly displayed permit is required to park in designated faculty, visitor and handicapped parking areas. During the day, adjunct faculty may not park in designated faculty reserved parking areas. However, after 4 p.m., adjunct faculty may park in designated faculty reserved parking areas, provided that they have purchased and displayed appropriate parking stickers. The parking sticker may be purchased at a cost of $10. Forms may be obtained from your subdivision office. Vehicles parked in violation of the no parking areas are issued a parking citation with a fine of $25; handicapped violations are issued a $250 fine.

What do I do if a student is not on my roster?

Class rosters are available through MVConnect. If a student does not appear on your class roster, a permission to enroll form, from your subdivision office, must be signed off by the Dean.

Do I need a photo ID?

Yes. Photo ID Services are located in the Build S, S100, (708) 974-5620. Adjunct Faculty should have a current photo ID. Photo IDs are issued by filling out the Adjunct Verification of Academic Contract through your subdivision office. Validation stickers for updates are available each semester through your subdivision office. A photo ID is needed to use the library and many of its services.

Where to eat?

Wherever you are on campus, a tasty meal, quick snack or a refreshing drink is never far away. Visit Where to Eat web page for more details.