This educational toolkit is packed with valuable insights, practical tips, and a variety of resources, specially curated to enhance classroom teaching and learning experiences.
In Dec 2022, OpenAI released a free public beta of ChatGPT built on their GPT3 answer bot. This exciting opportunity to try out an advanced AI by nearly everyone created many discussions, opportunities, and concerns about what this new technology meant for teaching.
Please join us in reviewing these resources and continuing this conversation.
AI/ ChatGPT Toolkit
Laura Lauzen-Collins has a document with research on syllabus statements regarding AI content which may be helpful. This document breaks out sample syllabus statements from multiple Colleges and Universities by:
- Prohibitive Statements
- Partial Use Statements
- Wider Use Statements
- AI Articles on ChatGPT and Education: This page contains a variety of resources from multiple sources on AI in education.
- ChatGPT: An organized list of resources discovered on the web related to ChatGPT.
A Teacher’s Prompt Guide to ChatGPT; aligned with ‘What Works Best‘: This resource shares tips on how to incorporate ChatGPT into the classroom.
- How to cite ChatGPT (APA): ChatGPT-generated text, being non-retrievable and not originating from a person, differs from typical data cited as personal communications in APA Style. Therefore, when quoting from a ChatGPT chat session, it’s more akin to sharing an algorithm’s output and the algorithm’s author should be credited with a reference list entry and corresponding in-text citation.
- The book, 101 Innovative Ways to Use CHATGPT in the Classroom: How to Use the AI Language Model to Enhance Teaching and Student Learning, by Skylar Green, independently published on April 19, 2023, may offer inspiration for ways to embrace ChatGPT in the classroom. To view the book description and a list of ideas outlined in the table of contents, please follow the link to go to Amazon. Click the “View Sample” link below the image of the book to view the table of contents. The book is also available in the Library for checkout.
Sharing recordings of informative webinars on Generative AI/ ChatGPT in education.
- ChatGPT and AI’s Effect on Community Colleges
- Implementation after Artificial Intelligence Workshop #2: How to Create an AI Policy
- How to create a generative AI policy that’s right for you — File shared in Webinar
Artificial Intelligence Posts
- View CTL posts related to Artificial Intelligence
Do you have an artificial intelligence resource that you’d like the CTL to feature? If so, please send it to email@example.com.