Moraine Valley Retention Academy
The Retention Academy is an opportunity to:
Discover: Learn more about retention and barriers to retention that our students face
Inquire: Explore a research-based project that is relevant and specific to participants’ interests
Inspire: Share findings and best practices with colleagues
Accepting Applications for the first Retention Academy Scholars Program: Due October 27
Completed applications can be submitted to Dr. Sadya Khan in L150.
Retention Academy Goals and Objectives
- To inform the college community about the importance of retention and completion and how the community college mission is fulfilled and benefited by it.
- To show the interconnectedness between departments and how we all work together to achieve student success, retention and completion.
- To explore, implement, and evaluate retention practices within and outside of the classroom.
- To facilitate a research-based academy to explore and implement successful retention practices.
Retention Academy Timeline
The Academy will take place over two semesters and will require participation in a two-day off-campus retreat, Friday monthly meetings, and completion of a research project.
- Spring 2018:
- Two-day off-campus retreat (no overnight stay) – January 25 and 26
- Friday monthly meetings
- A completed research proposal
- Fall 2018:
- Implementation of pilot project
- A completed research project
- Presentation to colleagues
Moraine Valley Retention Academy Video
The Moraine Valley Retention Academy is possible through generous funds from the MVCC Foundation Innovation Grant