Below are links to online guides to help you set up your Canvas course. We suggest you first “start a new course” to serve as a master copy. . As the semester nears, you will want to import the contents of your master course into your class using the steps outlined on the Reusing Canvas Course Materials page on the CTL website.
- Login to Canvas at https://canvas.morainevalley.edu
- Manage “Favorite” Course List
Note: Your course(s) should automatically appear on the Dashboard page in Canvas.
- Post/Edit Your Course Syllabus
- Add Course Materials
- Add Course Assignments/Gradebook Items
The assignments page generates gradebook items.
- Setup Grades
- Choose Course Home Page
- Manage Course Settings
- Review course settings: How do I manage the options in the Course Details tab?
- Reorder/Hide Course Navigation Links: How do I reorder and hide Course Navigation links?
- Schedule Course Availability:
- Review course dates: How do I change the start and end dates for a course?
- Publish your course: How do I publish my course?
- Note: You do not need to make your course publically available. As long as your course is published, your students will be able to access it during the course dates.
- Always Remember To Logout And Close the Browser!
Other Things to Know
- Please contact the Center for Teaching and Learning for training-related questions. Please feel free to stop by L-244 or call us at 708-974-5347 during regular business hours.
- The Help Desk should be the first point of contact on all technical issues for both faculty and students. Additionally, a few help desk personnel have been granted course view-only permissions to support students. The help desk will communicate with you if they needed to view your course in an effort to support a student’s help request. The Help Desk can be reached at 708-608-4357 (HELP) or via MVConnect.