Below are links to online guides to help you setup your Canvas course. We suggest you first “start a new course” to serve as a master copy then copy that course to your courses. Please see the Canvas Training page for detailed information about our training opportunities.
- Login to Canvas at https://canvas.morainevalley.edu
- Manage “Favorite” Course List
Note: Your course(s) should automatically appear on the Dashboard page in Canvas.
- Post/Edit Your Course Syllabus
- Add Course Materials
- Add Course Assignments/Gradebook Items
The assignments page generates gradebook items.
- Setup Grades
- Choose Course Home Page
- Manage Course Settings
- Review course settings: How do I manage the options in the Course Details tab?
- Reorder/Hide Course Navigation Links: How do I reorder and hide Course Navigation links?
- Schedule Course Availability:
- Review course dates: How do I change the start and end dates for a course?
- Publish your course: How do I publish my course?
- Note: You do not need to make your course publically available. As long as your course is published, your students will be able to access it during the course dates.
- Always Remember To Logout And Close the Browser!
Other Things to Know
- Please contact the Center for Teaching and Learning for training-related questions. Please feel free to stop by L-244 or call us at 708-974-5347 during regular business hours.
- The Help Desk should be the first-point of contact on all technical issues for both faculty and students. Additionally, a few help desk personnel have been granted course view-only permissions to support students. The help desk will communicate with you if they needed to view your course in efforts to support a student help request. The Help Desk can be reached at 708-608-4357 (HELP) or via MVConnect.