There are number of upcoming professional development opportunities this week. We hope you can participate!
Growing Online Learning Conference
As a reminder, the free Growing Online Learning Conference virtual event is this week. The theme of the conference is “Quality Online Teaching, Learning, and Support”.
- Tues, Feb. 8 – Thurs., Feb. 10 at 10 a.m. & 2 p.m., Register Now!
Smart Evals Course Evaluation System Reporting
This workshop is focused on training for faculty on how to access and view various reports in the SmartEvals course evaluation system.
- Tues., Feb. 8, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Code: CTLF-T210-530, 2/8 Webex Meeting link
- Wed., Feb. 9, 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m., Code: CTLF-T210-531, 2/9 Webex Meeting link
See the Training Opportunities & Proposals page for instructions on how to search and register for workshops.
Democracy Commitment Event
Climate Change and the Nature of Belief
If climate change is a matter of science, then why is it so difficult to find solutions to the climate crisis? The reality is that finding solutions requires more than scientific or technological answers. Solutions involve examining worldviews, belief systems, and identity. This event will explore the complexities behind belief and how that impacts the decisions we make. This event is part of the One Book, One College Program and the MVCC Democracy Commitment programming.
- Wed., Feb. 9, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m., Register online here
Innovative Educators is offering the following live webinars:
- Thurs., Feb. 10, 12 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.: Improving Overall Customer Service With 30 Practical Research-Based Service Strategies
- Fri., Feb. 11, 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.: A Supervisor’s Guide To Having Difficult Conversations With Employees
Register for free using your Go2Knowledge membership. If necessary, cr eate an account using your Moraine Valley email address. Visit the CTL’s webinar providers for guides to help sign-up.