CTL Certificate Program – Certificate for Accessibility
The Center for Teaching and Learning is excited to announce a new certificate program focused on accessibility. The certificate is intended to reflect your awareness and capabilities in creating content that can be used by people with a range of abilities.
How Do I Earn the Certificate for Accessibility?
You will need to complete several tasks to earn the certificate:
- To sign up to work toward completing the certificate, please contact the Center for Teaching & Learning at (708) 974-5347, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use our contact form.
- Complete three professional development activities related to accessibility or the Student with Disabilities Workshop (listed below). These can be face-to-face, online, or self-guided CTL trainings and workshops, or student support workshops focused on students with disabilities.
- Complete an accessibility scavenger hunt – Locate and submit 3 inaccessible items with descriptions of how to make them properly accessible. All 3 items will be submitted via Canvas.
- Write a short reflection of three to five sentences explaining your awareness of accessibility and how you will change your own processes, citing a specific example. Your self-reflection will be submitted via Canvas.
- After completing all other activities, complete an accessibility self-assessment via Canvas.
Professional Development Offerings Related to Accessibility
Workshops listed start Thursday, September 12, 2019
Compose emails to ensure equal access to content.
CTLE-S140-501 9/12 (Thursday) 11-11:30 a.m. L243 L. Dyrda
Create organized documents to reach individuals with diverse abilities and skills.
CTLE-S141-501 9/12 (Thursday) 10:30-11 a.m. L243 S. Gallagher
Create presentations to reach individuals with diverse abilities.
CTLE-S142-501 9/12 (Thursday) 11:30 a.m.-Noon L243 A. Marcasciano
Create video to reach individuals with diverse abilities and situations.
CTLE-S143-501 9/12 (Thursday) 1:30-2 p.m. L243 S. Leturno
ACCESSIBILITY IN CANVAS
Learn to use a tool to scan courses and fix issues that may prevent access for some students.
CTLE-S144-501 9/12 (Thursday) L243 L. Dyrda
STUDENT SUPPORT: STUDENTS WITH DISABILITIES
Make sure your class meets the needs of all students.
CTLF-S128-501 9/19 (Thursday) 1-2 p.m. L244 S. Brennan, N. Payovich
CTLF-S128-502 10/29 (Tuesday) 11 a.m.-Noon L244 S. Brennan, N. Payovich
SELF-GUIDED ACCESSIBILITY TUTORIALS
Located on the CTL’s website: Self-Guided Tutorials, under Accessibility.
Registering for Sessions and Up-to-Date Offering Information
For the most up-to-date offerings and full descriptions, visit our event calendar.
To register, go to MVConnect under “Search, register, and pay for Non-Credit classes.”
Guided instructions on how to register can be viewed by visiting the Training Opportunities & Proposals page.
What Do I Receive When I Complete the Certificate Requirements?
After completing all tasks, you will receive a physical certificate. Additionally, eligible Full-time Faculty will receive PGUs for their three professional development activities.