The Center for Teaching and Learning is excited to announce that we have partnered with Innovative Educators to provide access to online learning student success resources. The resources include an orientation to online learning and twenty student success workshops.
Students can create an account on the Innovative Educators – Preparing for Online Learning website to access these resources. Please see additional details regarding these resources below.
Orientation to Online Learning
This 25-minute online workshop will prepare students for the online learning environment.
- How To Be Successful In An Online Class
- Technical Requirements
- Developing An Effective Study Space
- Test Taking Strategies
- Communicating Online With Instructor & Classmates
Student Success Workshops
These workshops are interactive and on-demand and include action plans, and valuable resources focused on helping students achieve their academic, personal, and career goals. They are perfect for online learners.
Online Learning Skills
- 10 Tips For Success In Your Online Course
- Effectively Communicating Online
- Online Courses: Staying Motivated & Disciplined
- Taking Tests Online: Strategies For Success
Study Strategies & Test-Taking Skills
- Academic Integrity: The Do’s and Don’ts
- Exam Preparation Tips & Test-Taking Strategies
- How To Reduce Test Anxiety
- Learning Strategies Every Student Should Know
- Preparing For Final Exams
- Understanding & Avoiding Plagiarism
Personal Management & Success Skills
- How To Achieve Well-Being, Balance & Success
- Overcoming Procrastination: Causes & Cures
- Setting & Accomplishing Realistic Goals
- Stress Management Techniques
- Time Management: Strategies For Success
Research & Writing
- Developing A Strong Thesis Statement
- Drafting Introductions, Body Paragraphs & Conclusions
- Information Literacy: How To Master College Research
- Pre-Writing Techniques: Planning & Idea Development
- Reading Comprehension Strategies
- The Revision Process: How To Proofread & Edit Your Writing
Students can currently access these resources through an announcement they appears on their Canvas Dashboard. Please promote the resources to students through other means as you see fit.
If you have any questions, please let us know!
The Center for Teaching and Learning