Welcome Back for the Spring 2022 Semester!
CTL Appointments: The CTL is available for virtual appointments. Please email us at email@example.com to schedule a meeting. Please let us know the nature of your request and your availability. We will follow-up with a meeting invitation.
Tip of the Week
5 essential tasks to have your Canvas class ready for the start of the term:
- Import course materials, if needed.
- Make sure you add an announcement or welcome message to introduce yourself and inform your students on how Canvas will be used in your course.
- Upload your syllabus.
- Update your assignments/due dates.
- Remember to publish your Canvas course and introductory modules. Note, if you want to make your course available before the official start date, please update the course start date on the course settings page.
Professional Development This Week
- 1/13 at 4:15pm, Is Your Canvas Course Ready for the Start of the Term? (In-service webinar offering)
See the Training Opportunities & Proposals page for instructions on how to search and register for workshops.
Go2Knowledge has a variety of on-demand and live professional development opportunities. Check out topics related to starting the school year:
- 10 Strategies To Create Teachable Moments With Your Students, 60 minutes, slides available
- 10 Strategies To Foster Engagement & Participation In Your Asynchronous Online Course, 60 minutes
- Teaching Online: Best Practices for Asynchronous & Synchronous Delivery, 60 minutes
- Feedback Strategies in The Online Classroom: Maximum Impact in Minimal Time, 60 minutes
Create an account using your Moraine Valley email address. Visit the CTL’s webinar providers for guides to help sign-up.
The College provides Webex for use by all faculty and staff. Users must first request an account through the Help Desk if they are planning to host meetings. Multiple resources have been prepared to assist in training users.