Celebrating Black History Month!
We will bring you various professional development and informational content that focuses on BIPOC students in higher education.
Five Strategies for Reaching and Teaching African American and Latinx Students
Join this live webinar on Monday, March 6 – 1:00 – 2:00 pm, to register for the webinar click here.
Community colleges throughout the nation are experiencing increased enrollment of African American and Latinx students. Simultaneously, these students graduate and transfer at significantly lower rates than their white counterparts. This presentation will elaborate on five ways educators can use restorative and culturally responsive teaching practices to reduce opportunity gaps for Black and Brown students.
By the end of this workshop, participants will know or be able to:
- Examine how our own stories inform our biases and how we respond/not respond to students
- Examine national enrollment and completion trends for community college students in order to understand the importance of centering race
- Explore strategies for making the classroom a more inclusive space and increasing the success of African American and Latinx students.
Share your knowledge with your peers!
Offer a workshop to share something interesting with your fellow colleagues about your classroom or present information about the services your department provides to the college community. To facilitate a workshop fill out the Workshop Proposal Form. For more information contact the CTL at 708-974-5347 or email@example.com.
CTL WORKSHOPS – SPRING 2023
Please see the list of Professional Development opportunities scheduled for the spring semester. Additional offerings will be announced as scheduled.
|SAFE ZONE TRAINING||CTLE-D103-502||FEB. 8; 1:30-3:30 PM|
|SAFE ZONE TRAINING||CTLE-D103-503||FEB. 9; 10:00 AM – NOON|
|SAFE ZONE TRAINING||CTLE-D103-505||FEB. 13; 10 AM – NOON|
|SAFE ZONE TRAINING||CTLE-D103-504||FEB. 15; 10 AM – NOON|
|SAFE ZONE TRAINING||CTLE-D103-506||MAR. 24; 10 AM – NOON|
|EQUITY ALLIES ACADEMY||CTLE-D110-531||MAR 27- MAY 5, ONLINE|
|ADVANCED MICROSOFT EXCEL||CTLE-T218-530||APR. 13; 10 AM – NOON, ONLINE|
How to Register
- Login to MVConnect at http://mvconnect.morainevalley.edu.
- Go to the Faculty and Staff portal page.
- In the Self-Service Area, click Students, click Registration, click Search, register, and pay for Non-Credit Classes.
- All CTL workshops start with the course code number “CTL”, which can be used to filter the list.
- To register for a session, check the box to the left of the Course Name and Click Submit.
- You will see a “additional Registration Info” screen (optional) click Submit.
- On the “Pay for Classes” screen, finalize your registration by choosing Register Now and click Submit (note: you will not get charged, this is just needed to complete registration).
- The “Class Acknowledgment” screen will confirm your registration. Click OK. You will receive an email which acknowledges your registration.
Other Helpful Resources
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, CTL
- Canvas: Reusing Course Materials, CTL
- Accessibility Resources, Microsoft
- Microsoft Help & Training Resources, Microsoft
- Back-to-School Toolkit, ACUE