The Moraine Valley Police Department (MVPD) ensures the safety and well-being of all individuals on the campus and provides protection for all college buildings, facilities and property. It is the goal of the MVPD to keep students, faculty and visitors safe and informed about how to protect themselves.
MVPD police officers are fully trained and commissioned and have met the requirements as mandated and regulated by the Illinois Compiled Statutes and the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
All potential criminal activity, medical emergencies or similar situations should be reported immediately to the MVPD Communications Center by dialing ext. 5555 on any campus telephone, by picking up any of the red emergency telephones located throughout the campus buildings, or by using any of the blue emergency telephones located in each to the college’s parking lots. Once a call is received, an officer is immediately dispatched to the site.
No matter how effective the college’s law enforcement procedures may be, the primary responsibility for safety and security falls upon each and every one of us. No police force or set of rules and regulations can be effective unless the individual exercises reasonable caution and awareness. Safety and security are everyone’s responsibility. The officers and staff of the MVPD stand ready and willing to serve the college community 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Please visit our Campus Police website for more information.
The police can be reached by:
- In phone-equipped classrooms with red buttons, simply push and the dispatcher will answer.
- Picking up a “Red Phone” found throughout the college buildings.
- Dialing 5555 on any regular college phone.
- Outside the college, the emergency line for our department is (708) 974-5555.
- For police outside one of the buildings, you may dial 911 on your cell phone; your call will be picked up by Southwest Central Dispatch and transferred to our dispatch center, or push any of the “Blue Light” panic stations located in all the parking lots noted with a blue light on top.
For more information regarding emergency procedures, please refer to the Adjunct Faculty Resource Handbook.