Tip of the Week
- As we wind down for the semester, Canvas Grades Guides may be especially helpful for instructors. If you have any questions or concerns about your course grades, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for individual assistance.
Investing HSA money!
- Monday, May 2, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Code: CTLE-E113-530. Webex Link
Professor of Business Mike Wade will be hosting a Webex presentation on how to invest in the TD Ameritrade HSA account. Learn why you should max this out and not reimburse yourself for medical expenses. Attendees may invite family members to attend. Also, attendees should watch for emails with homework!
See the Training Opportunities & Proposals page for instructions on how to search and register for workshops.
DEMOCRACY COMMITMENT VIRTUAL EVENT
EXAMINING THE EROSION OF DEMOCRACY IN THE U.S.
Difficult Conversations Initiative: Examining the Erosion of Democracy in the U.S.
- Tuesday, May 3, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. Join via Webex
Dr. Dewitt Scott, Student Support Specialist, and Kevin Navratil, professor of political science and Democracy Commitment Coordinator, will model and lead respectful discussions on several prominent difficult topics.
NISOD is offering the following live webinar:
- Thursday, May 5, 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. – Fair Warning and Fair Use: Copyright and Plagiarism in the Digital Age
This webinar introduces instructors to the basics of copyright and how to apply copyright in a variety of classroom instructional settings, such as hybrid, blended, interactive, online, or face-to-face.
Innovative Educators is offering the following live webinar:
- Friday, May 6, noon – 1:30 p.m. – Understanding Mental Health Diagnoses: Anxiety, Trauma & OCD
This webinar is for the higher education professionals interested in deepening their understanding of mental health issues facing college students today. It is also perfect for someone who struggles with the mental health disorder themselves, knows someone who does, or wants a better understanding of the diagnosis overall.