Steps to create an Announcement in Canvas:
- Open your Canvas course.
- Click the Announcements link on the course menu.
- Click the “+ Announcement” button.
- Enter a topic title for the Announcement.
- From the dean’s email, select and copy (CTRL + C) the “message to students” language. Be sure to include the survey link.
- Click in the message area of the Announcement and paste (CTRL + V) the message language.
- If necessary, check the Delay posting box to define a future date for the announcement to become available to students. Use the calendar picker to post the announcement on the first date of the evaluation window.
- Save the Announcement.
If you have additional questions, please contact the Center for Teaching and Learning at email@example.com.