Below are links to online guides to help you setup your Canvas course. We suggest you first “start a new course” to serve as a master copy then copy that course to your fall courses. For in-depth training, please see our online “Canvas: Faculty Training and Resources” course or check out our fall workshop programming. More details are available at ctl.morainevalley.edu.
- Post Your Course Syllabus
- Publish Course Materials
- Publish Course Assignments
- Setup Grades
- Choose Course Home Page
- Reorder/Hide Course Navigation Links
- Copy Your “Master Course”
- Review Course Settings
- Publish Your Course
Note: By default, your course will be in a view-only state until the official course start date.
- Always Remember To Logout And Close the Browser!
Other Things to Know
- The Help Desk should be the first-point of contact on all technical issues for both faculty and students. Additionally, a few help desk personnel have been granted course view-only permissions to support students. The help desk will communicate with you if they needed to view your course in efforts to support a student help request. The Help Desk can be reached at 708-608-4357 (HELP) or via MVConnect.
- A “Canvas: Student Training and Resources” course has been created to assist students in learning about Canvas. Students can self-enroll in this site in Canvas.