Department Chair & Professor – Business
Video Link: https://morainevalley.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=e97887cb-91e2-4030-94a2-ae4a0056da82
- Current Department Chair (Business, Culinary Arts, Paralegal Studies, Cannabis Retail Specialist).
- Current member of the faculty’s Executive Committee.
- Served as Assistant Coordinator for the New Faculty Orientation program.
- Served as a podium trainer. Former member of the Honor’s Committee.
- Former member of The Democracy Commitment committee.
- Participated with the Business Club.
- Served on multiple hiring committees including outside of my department.
- Served on multiple non-tenured faculty evaluation teams.
- Presented multiple times on College Learning Days.
- Presented multiple times for 6th Grade Career Days and High School Career Days held on campus.
- Presented to the following groups on campus: TRIO (financial literacy), Honor’s Students (Budgeting), and Recreation Management (Financial Wellness).
- DECA competition judge.
- Responsible for bringing MicroGrade software to campus; as well as, conducting multiple training sessions and providing support for faculty.
- Wrote the departmental final exams for both Financial Accounting and Managerial Accounting courses.
- Developed both Financial and Managerial Accounting as online courses.
- Developed the Personal Finance class for both the classroom and online.
- Developed Computer Applications in Accounting for online and hybrid.
- Created supplemental materials for students (videos and practice problems).
- Created supplemental accounting problems for professors teaching the Business Math course.
- Created a course on Canvas with resources for our department.
- Took the lead in a substantial revision to the Business Department’s curriculum, including adding new certificates.
- Help organize Advisory Board meetings.
- Attended many workshops and conferences to better my teaching skills.
- Nominated for Professor of the Year at least eight times (I cannot find all the certificates).
- Finalist for Professor of the Year for the third time in the last seven years (2015 and 2020).
- Nominated for Master Teacher of the Year.
- Reprographics Award winner.
Outside of MVCC:
- Dyer Babe Ruth Baseball manager and member of the Board of Directors. Also served as treasurer even after my sons were too old to play in the league.
- Served on the Marriage Ministry committee at my church. My wife and I gave workshops on marriage to engaged couples.