In this release:
- Canvas Interface – Menu Design Updates
- DocViewer – Free Text Annotation Backgrounds and Text Size
- DocViewer – Pagination Links
- Rich Content Editor – Decorative Image Checkbox
Detailed information about these enhancements is provided below.
Canvas Interface – Menu Design Updates
Some Canvas Settings menu icons have been replaced with an Options icon. These changes clarify user expectations when displayed in a page and helps align consistency throughout all Canvas areas and mobile apps.
- If the icon displays a window with options that actively change the interface, the icon displays as a Settings icon.
- If the icon displays a menu with links to additional functionality or other Canvas areas, the icon displays as an Options icon.
Items within each menu have not been affected.
Icons have been updated in the following Canvas areas:
- Course Details (Course Image upload; Navigation tab)
- Dashboard View
DocViewer – Free Text Annotation Backgrounds and Text Size
Free Text annotations support both white and transparent backgrounds. Annotations default to a white background, which may obscure page content, but the transparency option can be selected in the menu next to the annotation color.
The Free Text menu bar also supports selecting a specific text size for the annotation. Text can also be adjusted in existing annotations. In smaller browser windows, the Free Text menu bar displays a secondary toolbar with a scrollbar for easy access.
DocViewer – Pagination Links
DocViewer displays pagination links for multi-page documents. These links can be used to advance to additional pages. A specific page can be accessed by typing the page number directly in the page number field and clicking the Enter or Return key.
Rich Content Editor – Decorative Image Checkbox
When a user clicks the Embed Images icon and selects an image source, the Attributes section displays a decorative image checkbox, which indicates the image is for decorative purposes.
Decorative images do not require alternative text. If the Decorative Image checkbox is selected, the alternative text field is grayed out.
Decorative images and alt text can be applied when embedding any image type: URL, Canvas (previous uploads), and Flickr.