3 Speakers – 3 Ideas – 1 Day … Infinite Possibilities
Most Recent Event: Wednesday, November 7, 2018, 11:00am – 1:00pm, Library Event Space
The Teaching and Learning Community Event is a public event organized and hosted by the Moraine Valley Center for Teaching & Learning and the Library. During each fall semester staff, administrators and faculty from across the college, who are knowledgeable and passionate about intriguing subjects inspire us with ideas worth sharing through featured short talks. The event is free and open to the entire college community. Faculty members are encouraged to bring their classes.
The Teaching and Learning Community (TLC event is a collaboration between the Moraine Valley Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) and the Library that seeks to fulfill the CTL’s mission to create a culture of learning by providing various professional development opportunities for all faculty and staff and the Library’s mission of supporting the curriculum through providing information resources.
Changing our community through teaching and learning.
- Find teachers, innovators and leaders who are able to inspire us with “ideas worth sharing”.
- Create a live learning event that is captured and shared via social media with the larger Moraine Valley community.
- Disseminate ideas in support of the curriculum.
- Foster knowledge sharing among faculty and staff in support of Moraine Valley Community College’s strategic priority of continuous improvement.
- Exhibit Moraine Valley’s wide variety of knowledge and talent to the external college community.
- Demonstrate the technology and instructional possibilities that are available within the CTL and library through the live event and social media offerings.
The learning event will take place in the Library presentation space in which each speaker will talk about a topic for which they are knowledgeable and passionate about. The event will be free of charge and will be available to all faculty, staff and students.
Recent Talks – November 7, 2018, featuring:
- Amanda Sidorowicz – My Struggle to Feel Normal: How an Invisible Illness Forced Me to Take Charge of My Health
- Sumeet Singh – To Sikh Understanding: My Faith as a Sikh
- Rose Deneen – My Culinary Journey: From a Truffle to a Teacher
Please visit our Past Talks page to view the most recent TLC Talks.
Simple Rules for Speakers
- The maximum length for each talk is 15 minutes.
- The talk will be about teaching/learning or a student success topic which you are both knowledgeable and passionate about.
- The talk can utilize a variety of resources (technology, flip charts, dry erase boards, etc.) but also must be natural (no script reading).
- All presenters or attendees are to be courteous, gracious, and professional.
- Have fun and change the community!