The ‘Student View’ button gives an instructor or course builder access to a student preview of the course. After using the student view tool there will be a Test Student in the grade center. You can even take assessments and turn in homework to be graded as a test student to experience the course as your students might. It is a very useful tool while preparing a course.
Removing the Test Student
If you wish to remove the test student from a Canvas course, here are the steps:
- Click on Settings in the course
- Click on the Sections tab (found near the top)
- Click the section to locate the test student
- Hover over the test student
- A red X should appear
- Be certain to be hovering only over the test student
- Then click the red X while hovering over the test student
Restoring the Test Student
To bring the test student back:
- Go to the homepage or settings page
- Click the ‘Student View’ button
After leaving the student view, the test student shall have returned to the grade center.