The Dr. Vernon O. Crawley Leadership Academy is designed to build a skilled and diverse pool of academic and administrative employees with the knowledge and competencies to be successful in leadership roles at all levels of employment at Moraine Valley Community College. The Leadership Academy promotes and encourages leadership development activities to reinforce the philosophical concept that everyone is a leader regardless of position or job classification.
- Leadership Assembly – A 2 ½ day program, offered once a year during the spring semester, designed to give participants practical leadership experience through a series of presentations, activities, and discussions.
- Employees are required to submit an application. All applications will be reviewed by the Executive Leadership Team.
- Leadership Summit – An annual, half day program, offered once a year during the fall semester, open to any Moraine Valley Employee (does not require Leadership Assembly acceptance) and leaders from the community. The program focuses on developing practical leadership skills through a series of presentations, lectures, discussions, and activities.
- Does not require an application; open to all Moraine Valley faculty, staff and community leaders.
- Leadership Development Workshops – The CTL offers numerous leadership development workshops throughout the year in both in-person, online and hybrid formats. Topics include but are not limited to: goal setting, communication skills, teamwork, delegation, motivation, conflict management, ethics, trust, etc.
- Leadership Resource Center – The CTL manages a collection of reference materiel, both print and electronic, covering the topics surrounding leadership. The majority of these resources can be found using the Moraine Valley Library website
Snapshots from Past Leadership Assemblies
If you have any questions about the Leadership Assembly or application process, please contact the Center for Teaching & Learning at x5347, via email, or through the website contact form.