Assessment is the concept by which we find out if students are learning. It serves as a check on student knowledge of content, but also of their ability to analyze, synthesize, and evaluate subject matter.
What is Assessment?
- Assessing Student Learning – From Vanderbilt University, a thorough explainer on accessibility and many of its forms.
- Alternative assessment – A guide on assessing students using non-traditional methods that often spark critical thinking in relation to course content.
- Authentic Assessment – A Primer – A small guide and examples on using realistic situations that require students to use critical thinking skills.
- Using quizzes effectively – From Newcastle University, a quick resource on the uses of quizzes.
Multiple Choice Questions
- Better Multiple Choice Questions – A quick resource on creating better written multiple choice questions.
- Writing Good Multiple Choice Questions – From Vanderbilt University, a detailed resource on different aspects of creating multiple choice questions.